Title: Policy Expert on Renewable Energies
Institution: BEUC The European Consumer Organisation
Deadline: September 8, 2014
BEUC, The European Consumer Organisation, is looking to recruit a Policy Expert on renewable energies BEUC acts as the umbrella group in Brussels for its 40 members and its main task is to represent them at European stage and defend the interests of all Europe’s consumers. BEUC investigates EU decisions and developments likely to affect consumers, with a special focus on: Financial Services, Food, Digital Rights, Consumer Rights, Sustainability, Safety, Health and Energy.
The position will involve:
Coordinating and implementing a project related to renewable electricity. The goal of the project is 1) capacity building within the BEUC network 2) developing recommendations on how to improve consumer information and more broadly transparency of the market as well as 3) influencing the policy making process and public debate in this field:
- Lobbying and networking with the EU institutions and other stakeholders;
- Undertake advocacy and outreach activities;
- Preparing consultation and position papers as well as technical briefings;
- Representing BEUC in relevant committees, working groups and public events;
- Contributing to BEUC reporting activities.
The main qualifications we are looking for are:
- A technical background/ master’s degree relevant to environment and/or climate and energy issues;
- Sound understanding of environmental and climate issues related to electricity produced from renewable sources;
- At least 3 years relevant experience (5+ years being an asset) working in the environment and/or energy sector;
- First class writing skills and experience in developing position papers;
- Very good knowledge of the EU political decision-making process and sound experience in lobbying the EU institutions;
- Good understanding of consumer issues and a commitment to advancing the interests of consumers in the environment area;
- Ability to write and communicate well in English; other European languages such German or French being an added value.
- Team player; Ability to perform under pressure; Well organised.
- We offer:
- A multidisciplinary and multicultural working environment within an organisation dedicated to the promotion of the interests of consumers;
- A non-routine job implying action in several topics related to renewable energy sources;
- Networking opportunities with numerous organisations;
- A 100% fixed term contract ideally starting in October 2014 of 24 months, possibly renewable, competitive package (salary, fringe benefits and extra-legal paid leave).
Applications for the post, accompanied by a detailed C.V., should be sent by e-mail before 8 September 2014 to email@example.com with subject line: Expert Renewable Energies. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information about BEUC go to www.beuc.eu