To become a member, click here to be re-directed to the publisher, Wiley Blackwell's, website.
Membership in the ISIE includes the following:
Members join an international community of scholars and practitioners serving common and overlapping interests. In addition, they may choose to join one of the sections of the Society focusing on a topic or community of practice within the field as a whole.
- A subscription to the 6 issue Journal of Industrial Ecology
- A quarterly members-only newsletter dedicated to providing current news and information about the field
- Discounts on ISIE biennial conferences
- Access to an Industrial Ecology dissertation database, IE related resources and a database of IE in higher education
- Access to the membership directory containing members from more than 45 countries
- A 25 % Discount on all Wiley Blackwell published books
Members can attend meetings and functions at a discounted fee. ISIE organizes biennial international conferences and periodic regional technical meetings.
1. Individual Membership
2. Student Membership
3. Individual (Developing Country)
4. Young Professional
Each member of ISIE receives the Society's quarterly newsletter as well as a subscription to the Journal of Industrial Ecology, an international, peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary quarterly published by Wiley-Blackwell for Yale University School of Forestry & Environmental Studies.
- The Journal of Industrial Ecology is designed to foster both understanding and practice in the emerging field of industrial ecology. Since its premiere in spring 1997, the Journal has provided a forum for continuing exchange of information and opinions through contributions from scholars, environmental managers and policymakers, and advocates involved in environmental science, management, and policy. The editorial office is located at the Yale University School of Forestry & Environmental Studies.
- The ISIE Newsletter is dedicated to providing insider news and information about the ISIE and the field of industrial ecology.
ISIE Student Chapter
Students play an important role in the Society, organizing poster sessions at our meetings, arranging tutorials and advising the Council as to their interests in general. They maintain a very active chapter. Membership in the Society is not required, but many students do join in order to have access to all the benefits.
Roland Clift, CBE., FREng., FIChemE., HonFCIWEM., FRSA
ISIE Executive Director